Pages

Wednesday, October 7, 2015



I have an addiction



Shoes, WTF? This seems like an ailment more often afflicting the ladies(I’m not stereotyping. I hired a team of scientists and did a 1000 person case study and base my statements on empirical evidence, or just made it up). Perhaps that means I’m a lady(And a pretty damn grizzly looking one at that)? I performed a test via some websites that are so top secret their domain suffix has to be masked with .xxx and have concluded the aforementioned theory is invalid leaving me with but one conclusion. Running shoes are laced with some sort of substance that makes me need more.


They feel awesome in the store (The New Shoe Placebo Effect). Take them home and run. OMFG, these are the greatest shoes ever. Then there’s 50 miles later. They are a bit too narrow, too soft, too firm, all the things that didn’t happen in the store. So back to the store you go and you try on some more shoes and OMFG these feel amazing (I swear it’s a drug or something) so you buy them. Rinse and repeat.

I can’t stop. I feel like Pookie when he says “The shit just be callin’ me”. Do I need some sort of shoe methadone? Maybe I should score a pair of Cheeseburger Chucks to wean me off the running shoes?

How about you?

4 comments:

  1. How about me? What are you asking?
    No, I would not be a good replacement for your running shoe addiction.
    I would lose shape after 50 miles as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well that's too bad because you're warped like me! LOL. Thanks for the visit!!

      Delete
  2. Lol, that's terrible. Actually I am curious as to what shoes are the best for barefoot training. I need something light and flexible for my nefarious purposes. Have you experimented with that sort of shoe?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very little. I run on occasion in Vibram Five Fingers: KSO EVOs. A mile on gravel is about all I'm good for before it hurts. The next 3 days are new forms of calf aches. I do this just to strengthen the calf muscles in a different way. I prefer no/low drop shoes with a full cushioned stack. I'm still large for a runner and put a lot of pressure on the feet. They like padding.

      Delete