Pages

Saturday, October 31, 2015

I've fallen and I CAN get up



That’s right, you heard me. I blew it, fell off the wagon, screwed the pooch, had sex on my back(you know. F***ed up?).


I know what you’re thinking.  This can’t be possible! Dilnad is a demigod. He’s infallible. If he had hair it would never stop blowing in the sphere of hero wind that constantly surrounds him. He has to wear sunglasses indoors because the sun still shines on him. Assuming this is true, I must come to one of the following conclusions….

  • You don’t know me at all!
  • You huff paint
  • You’re blind (still working on this one)
  • You’re a pretty, single woman who has free climbed Mt Gullibility in which case I’d love to take to dinner in Monaco on my private jet. FYI - wearing panties can cause air sickness. Just sayin’. (Please let this be the answer, and someone loan me a jet)


The truth is I did screw up, And I have screwed up in the past. Getting healthy isn’t easy!


So the half marathon totally fried my legs. Running 40% further than you ever have can have that effect. I pretty much had to take the whole week off from running. Add to that my need to take things light on lifting due to a minor rotator cuff injury and diet was critically important. Naturally my brain interpreted this to mean, “eat like shit” and who am I to turn down a challenge? It started with all the free pre-Halloween goodies at the office.  Bad decisions ensued. Beefy Logs, Cheesy Poofs, Gahagafaga, crappy restaurant decisions. It went on for nearly the whole week. Naturally I’m back, running, strength training and eating healthy. This isn’t the first time I went on a bender. Probably won’t be the last. No harm done. Well, maybe a tiny pride hit.


You know what? It’s OK to screw up. Really! There’s no reset counter in health and fitness. You can start again as many times as you like. We all do. The important part is you must see when you've gone astray and you need to stop it, and stop it immediately. You have to gather the courage and declare “HEY! THESE FLOORS ARE DIRTY AS HELL, AND I'M NOT GONNA TAKE IT ANYMORE!” (Holy shit! A Stanley Spadowski reference! That should be a triple word score in the blogosphere!)and then act on it! Clean things up, and do it now!

No matter how bad your screw up was, it just doesn’t matter. What you did yesterday is done, over, fin. or in the almighty words of Mr Spock “The matter has been rendered academic”. What we must do is shake it off, just like an Etch A Sketch, and start over. WIN!




No comments:

Post a Comment