Pages

Monday, August 10, 2015



Dilnad: Dilnad to base camp. Dilnad to base camp!
BC: Base camp here, Over
Dilnad: I've reached the summit and planted our flag at Hogan's Fountain. Please advise.
BC: Roger roger Dilnad and congratulations.  Now please descend and climb the other peak. Over
A deflated Dilnad: Wait, what?......


Well, they aren't exactly Himalayans but as a fledgling runner, my arch nemesis Cherokee Park knows how to hurt me plenty. There are 3 significant(in my book) hills. Each in the area of 1/2 mile long.

Monday run club is hills night. It's the most difficult run for me by a long shot. I'm not sure why it is but this is my favorite one of the week. I believe it's because it's a different running style. Where as my easy and long runs are a stroll through the park (sure, you're working hard but not on overdrive), Cherokee is a battle of attrition.

So why exactly do you prefer that, you moron? *
I haven't the foggiest of clues (I'm usually pretty foggy post run). My best guess is it's some sort of fuxxored up masochistic runner thing I don't yet understand. <shrug> I dig it(I'm bringing it back)!

* Intersting(to me) factoid: dilnad and moron are synonyms


Ok, now onto the accountability crap:

Run Club - Monday:  3.29 miles, 10:02 pace, 174 spm. Heat index North of 90 degrees. FUN SHIT!

I did get some right knee(the one that wasn't operated on) discomfort tonight that's happened from before the surgery. It doesn't like going down hill. It's a mild pain. Someone suggested one of those patellar straps but I think I'll talk to my physical therapist about it first. I need another couple of visits to finish fixing my shoulder (Damn this guy's a mess). Haven't done an overhead push press in almost a year.

Basic Leg Routine
One legged balance: :30 each leg
Twisting Lunge: 6x each leg
Single-leg Deadlift: 5x each leg
One legged Alphabet spell: A-M each leg

Bodyweight Squats: 1x30

Weekly Mileage: 3.29 mi
Miles to Mordor: 1476.61

No comments:

Post a Comment