Pages

Friday, August 7, 2015

Episode 42: Yoga is not a creamy breakfast snack with fruit in it





In preparation for the release of Nerdfitness Yoga (which I will subscribe to), I decided to try out the 4 poses from Steve's blog (link at bottom). After all, I'm a runner so that kinda shit should be easy right?  Yeah, um, NO!  I feel it in my arms, core, calves, quads and my ITBs feel like Gumby. I was surprised that I was able to perform them all. it seriously cranked my heart rate up as well.. I'm rather sore (in the good way).

I've always thought yoga was kind of hokey and of no value to me (While still maintaining my affinity for female yoga instructors). I now see the error in my ways. It doesn't take a rocket scientist (which is good news because that skill set doesn't seem to appear in my scholastic profile) to immediately see the benefits to running (and nearly everything) that Yoga provides. I'M IN!

Let's get started....

The Pretzel Pose (I wonder if they do Combos?)





Check out the NerdFitness Blog on NF!
A Nerd’s Guide to Yoga: 4 Movements to Try TODAY

2 comments:

  1. I so agree. I hated but recently added it because it is beneficial. I'll skip the pretzel for now

    ReplyDelete
  2. I added it because NF made it! LOL

    ReplyDelete