Pages

Monday, August 31, 2015




Today I ran Naked(Wait, what?)



There are 4 types of people who have come to visit this blog post.

1) Those who have come to see an Adonis with a glistening member for all to behold (these are the people that don't know me)
2) Those who have come imagining Shamoo swimming around spouting water(Those who know me)
3) Runners who know what running naked is and have come here to bask in the knowledge that they delusionally think I somehow have to share
4) Those who figure this will be a train wreck and they can't not look
5) Those who don't fit into one of the aforementioned categories and have decided to form an additional category to remove any doubt of their fellow readers that I haven't a solid grasp on mathematics.

Let me assure you, not a single woman screamed as I ran naked. I'd like to think it was the fact that they were mesmerized by the experience of seeing me run naked but I don't think that was the case. My privates were properly covered as was the rest of the vast majority of my sun sensitive, albacore tuna colored skin(or at least the parts people may offer me money to keep covered. hmmmm<light-bulb>)

So what the hell are we talking about? Running naked means running without the telemetry from modern day electronics. No heart rate monitors, smartphone GPS apps, GPS watch, Digital urinalysis kit(WTF?). You simply run by feel.  Listen to your body. Don't worry about your pace, the time or the weather in Mozambique(unless of course you're running in Mozambique). Just run.

It was a wonderful experience. Allowed me to focus on my injury and make sure my form didn't stress it further. I had a great pain free run! 

To be honest, I had my GPS watch on me. I just chose to not look at it. Still wanted the running data after the fact.

******


Today:
Run: 4.01 Miles. 10:03 Pace. 177 SPM. Knee felt good but it was very flat surface. I feel it hurt whenever I use any sort of lateral stability. We aren't healed yet but making ground.

Basic Leg Routine
One legged balance: :30 each leg
Twisting Lunge: 6x each leg
Single-leg Deadlift: 5x each leg
One legged Alphabet spell: A-M each leg

Dumbbell Y Raises: 1x10 @15lb
Dumbbell T Raises: 1x10 @15lb
Dumbbell W Raises: 1x10 @15lb
Dumbell Bench Press: 3x8@120lb (60lb dumbbells),
Pull Ups: 1x4, 1x4(40lb assist), 1x3(40lb assist)
Push-ups: 3x10
Planks: 3x:30

Weekly Mileage: 4.01 miles
Miles to Mordor: 1445.61

8/29:

Weight - 200.8
Body Fat - 19.4
BMI - 27.8
Shoulders - 46
Neck - 16
Chest - 43
Bicep right - 12.5
Bicep - left - 12.5
Waist - 39
Hips - 38
Thigh - right - 21.5
Thigh - left - 21.5

Run: 2 miles, 10:22 Pace, 178 SPM


8/30:

Stationary Bike: 30 Minutes at 85-90rpm to match a 170-180 running cadence. Going to mess with adding resistance once I figure out how to use the damn computer on it.
Standard Core Routine: 2 sets
Bicycle: 10 x each leg
Plank: :30
Marching Bridge: :60
Side Plank: :30 each side. 
Bird Dogs: 10
Yoga: Water Series A

1 comment: