Pages

Tuesday, August 11, 2015


Episode 42: The windshield/bug conundrum.



 Care to venture a guess at which role I played tonight?

So I'm at Planet Fitness doing pull ups and I was feeling lonely. I thought to myself, "HEY, I could get a crapload of attention if I were to bash my knee on this here handle and bust my incision back open". Naturally I decided to give it a try.  It's amazing how popular you suddenly get as people line up to see blood running(/cry. Poor choice of words) down your leg.

Naturally, planet fitness was well equipped to handle a situation just such as this. The employees broke out their emergency trauma kit and immediately handed me a no name brand bandaid knockoff. I resealed the incision with their high tech surgical gear and limped to my car. I grabbed my tiny little back pocket first aid kit and sat down to try and fix the problem. I replaced their extremely helpful "battle dressing" with a butterfly bandage. The bleeding seems under control.

Called the answering service and the on call surgeon called me back. He said if the bleeding is under control he would just leave the butterfly on for several days and not worry about it. They made the incision vertically so the bending of the knee doesn't try and separate it. As long as it doesn't bleed I'm good to go.

....And now for the punchline......<Drum Roll>



....At least until the weekend. That's OK. The knee hurts worse tonight then after the surgery. Heh.



Less than stellar gym day( can't seem to figure out why <chuckle>)...

Dumbbell Y Raises: 1x10 @15lb
Dumbbell T Raises: 1x10 @15lb
Dumbbell W Raises: 1x10 @15lb
Dumbell Bench Press: 3x8 @110lb (55lb dumbbell)
Pull Ups: 1x10, 1x8 (70lb assist)
Bleed........


No worries. The Dilnad will return and FIGHT!

4 comments:

  1. Oh man that sucks! Hopefully the bleeding stays stopped and you can get back to running soon.
    ~WhisperLost

    ReplyDelete