Pages

Friday, August 7, 2015

The short of today's story is this...






Actually bored enough on a Friday that you want the gritty details?

Well, the lab results came back. I now know why they were holding me off the extra week. Surgeon found something suspect and was waiting on the lab. It turns out they didn't remove a rock from my knee but a Glomus Tumor. It's a very rare tumor that usually appears under fingernails and on feet and most often in women. For a man to get one on his knee is one of those buy a lottery ticket type occurrences (and I did)

The good news. It's non cancerous, is benign and highly unlikely to come back. My stitches are out and I've been cleared to return to work and resume all previous activities as discomfort allows. There is some discomfort/light pain if I press on the area but it's considerably less than when I pressed on the lump before surgery so I'm in better shape than when we started already.

I jumped the gun and went out and ran 3 miles last night. The legs felt awesome!


No comments:

Post a Comment