Pages

Thursday, August 13, 2015

Episode 42: not all super heroes are created equal




I'm a posterior savant! I have the gift..

I suspect you're wondering what the hell I'm talking about, or perhaps have already clicked back to Facebook to watch cat videos instead(not the worst of ideas). What I mean is I can identify most runners I regularly run with from behind. This is not a skill one learns without a great deal of practice. I just happen to be one of those rare people with the opportunity to practice often, because I'm slow. Everybody is constantly running in front of me(and are usually 10 years younger than I. Coincidence?).

Now you might wonder if I'm about to go South with this one and in my usual level of rawness discuss the upsides of certain backsides. In this VERY RARE case, that will not be part of the equation. I barely have enough oxygen to operate the cardiovascular system when running. This isn't the time to reallocate resources for other brain functions.

There is of course an upside to my slowness. I'm consistent. I maintain my pace and I don't walk, EVER! On occasion I pass one of those people back while going up a hill or near the end of the run because they steamed out. When that happens, I know who I'm about to pass as I approach them because? Well, you know.....

Perhaps I'm the proverbial tortoise(With caboose identification super powers. BTW Flight was acutally my first choice)?


**********



Some great news today on the fitness front!. I hit my first unassisted pull up from a full straight armed hang. I've been working on this for a week short of a year. Big level up!!


Dumbbell Y Raises: 1x10 @15lb
Dumbbell T Raises: 1x10 @15lb
Dumbbell W Raises: 1x10 @15lb
Dumbell Bench Press: 3x8 @110lb (55lb dumbbell)

Pull Ups: 1x1 (Unassisted). Bigtime PR!! , 1x5 (40lb assist)

Push-ups: 3x10
Planks: 3x:30

No comments:

Post a Comment