Pages

Saturday, August 8, 2015

Today marks my return to pseudo-normality. As much as I've missed the interaction with people of late, I felt like I needed more of a zen-like run today. I decided to forego run club and run someplace new. Beckley Creek park in The Parklands was my target. The Parklands of Floyds Fork are an amazing privately funded project to link some 4-5 brand new large parks together with an interconnecting path that's part of the Louisville Loop. The Loop path is a 6-8 foot wide, brand new, silky smooth concrete path that winds through the parks, by and over Floyds Fork creek. There are hilly bridges with spiral ramp ups and others with switchbacks. What a beautiful park system and a wonderful place to run. There are even trails. Some cinder, some rock, and some mulch. I need to find a way to run here more often!

One item I really liked(imagine how I'd like it if I had a dog?) was the Parklands dog park. Check out the name. (BTW looking at all those fire hydrants makes you need to find the facilities before you can run)...




Run: 3.14 miles: 10:41 pace, 174 spm.  Went for a very easy run today as we ease back into things. Ran in my Altras. The first 3/4 of a mile was very unkind to my calves. They burned like crazy. After that cleared up the legs felt pretty darn good. It may just take a bit to get used to a zero drop shoe but even at this slow pace my cadence is dialed at >170

Chakram Routine
One legged balance: :30 each leg
Twisting Lunge: 6x each leg
Single-leg Deadlift: 5x each leg
One legged Alphabet spell: A-M each leg

Dumbbell Y Raises: 1x10 @15lb
Dumbbell T Raises: 1x10 @15lb
Dumbbell W Raises: 1x10 @15lb

Dumbbell Bench Press: 3x8 (55lb dumbbells). 
Pull Ups: 1x10, 1x5, 1x4 w/70lb assist 
Push ups: 3x10
Bodyweight Squats: 3x15

3 comments:

  1. You stand on one leg and draw the alphabet in the air with the other leg. It's a balance and ankle building exercise.

    ReplyDelete