Pages

Friday, August 14, 2015

Today's blog will not be particularly fun(for you. I enjoyed the hell out of the run). Sometimes I just need to log some data. And then other times I write something up and then decide it sucks(but still need to post data). This has been one of those times.


...And once again, I make my return to running (anyone taking bets on how long it will be this time?)

My first trail run. A mostly gravel trail with some steep sides, flat stone lined, dried up creeks and some areas of running on 1" rocks. Takes some extra balance and feels like a bit of an ankle workout. The wooded areas were quite peaceful. I rather enjoyed it. Trails are now on my list. 

Today was also my first run without the music crutch. I decided someday my headset or musical device will fail right before a race. I wanted to know what it's like to run without jacking in for once. I didn't mind it at all. Kind of peaceful and a great time to think about stuff, like writing a shitty blog post that you later toss out.

I ran very easy today as I tested out the knee. The steri strips are still in place and didn't bug me at all. The knee felt quite solid. It is a little sore still when I lunge. I think I bruised it when I whacked it. The other knee was also solid today. I've been massaging the patellar tendon and stretching the quads per my physical therapists advice. Ryan is the man!

Trail Run: 3 miles, 10:43 pace, 175 spm. I think the deep gravel slows me down a bit. Another assumption of the fledgling runner when the reality of it is I'm probably just slow. The cheap New Balance trail shoes from Dicks worked just fine. Very comfortable.

Basic Leg Routine
One legged balance: :30 each leg
Twisting Lunge: 6x each leg
Single-leg Deadlift: 5x each leg
One legged Alphabet spell: A-M each leg

NerdFitness Yoga Water Series A: That shit puts a hurtin' on ya

Weekly Mileage: 6.29 mi
Miles to Mordor: 1476.61

No comments:

Post a Comment