Pages

Saturday, July 18, 2015

Big day...

Run Club - Sat: 2.80 mi, 12:09 pace, 169 spm. Today was one of if not the most brutal running days I've experienced. It was nearing 100 degree heat index with ridiculous humidity. I ran Week 7 Day 1 with Basil. Run 25 minutes non stop. For a big guy running in crazy heat, pushing to his extreme limit in training, while fighting heat he is not accustomed or acclimated to, I can't say enough about how proud of him I am. I usually just zoom off as soon as his timer ends and he walks the rest of the 5K. Today I decided to walk another 5 minutes with him just to make sure he was OK from the heat. He looked good so I popped off an easy 10:30 pace for the last mile. On a side note, i have acclimated to the heat. It sucks but I'm able to tolerate it now.

No strides today. Right knee is still bugging me a bit so ran light and letting it off the hook on speed work today.

Chakram Routine
One legged balance: :30 each leg
Twisting Lunge: 6x each leg
Single-leg Deadlift: 5x each leg
One legged Alphabet spell: A-M each leg

Dumbbell Y Raises: 1x10 @15lb
Dumbbell T Raises: 1x10 @15lb
Dumbbell W Raises: 1x10 @15lb

Dumbbell Bench Press: 5x5 (55lb dumbbells)
Push ups: 3x10
Pull Ups: 1x9, 1x7, 1x5 with black resistance band assist.

Standard Core Routine: 2 sets
Bicycle: 10 x each leg
Plank: :30
Marching Bridge: :60
Side Plank: :30 each side. 
Bird Dogs: 10


Weekly Mileage: 16.72 mi
Miles to Mordor: 1505.61

No comments:

Post a Comment