Pages

Tuesday, July 28, 2015


What's done is done. It was a fairly easy procedure (for me). A million questions from a cranky nurse. A brief visit by an absolutely stunning anesthesiologist who is also a runner (but the fact that she told me she's pregnant is a good indication that it ain't happening for me, LOL), a short nap and whammo.

A couple minor snags. When they put the IV in my hand the blood vessel burst.  There was a bit of blood and they put a piece of gauze on it and said I'd be fine <shrug>. Another IV jammed into my arm and we were good to go. After they moved me into the operating room an assistant was strapping me down to the table (WTF?). I nicely asked her to try and not drop the buckle on my balls again. The whole OR, myself included, had a big laugh out of that.

Oxygen mask was interesting. I never saw the anesthesiologist come in. They say the anesthesia has an amnesic effect. Apparently so because we were chatting as they were prepping me and all of a sudden they were showing me my bandaged leg and wheeling me into recovery. I've no clue what happened in between.

I still don't know what was in my knee. I thought it was a smaller than a BB sized piece of gravel. It was a LOT larger and funky shaped. They showed it to me in a test tube. It's headed to the lab to figure out what the hell it was.

So far, I have virtually no pain. I'm not sure if it's going to stay this easy or the local hasn't worn off (I had a local and IV). Surgeon told me 1-2 weeks and he will let me run. We will talk next week. The 6 weeks off was incorrect he said. I'll be buttoned up way quicker.

So what does it look like? I won't find out until I get to unwrap the gift in 7 days. Who knows.....


..... An the recovery begins

2 comments: